Svc Syndrome Incidence
Facts about superior vena cava syndrome:
- Superior vena cava syndrome is rare.
- In the US, superior vena cava syndrome occurs in about 5-10 percent of those who have a cancerous tumor in the right lung.
- It is most common in those between 40 and 60 years old.
Continue to Svc Syndrome Symptoms
- Lequaglie C, Conti B, Brega-Massone PP, Giudice G. The difficult approach to neoplastic superior vena cava syndrome: surgical option. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2003 Oct;44(5):667-71. 
- Nunnelee JD. Superior vena cava syndrome. J Vasc Nurs. 2007 Mar;25(1):2-5; quiz 6. 
- Urruticoechea A, Mesia R, Dominguez J, Falo C, Escalante E, Montes A, Sancho C, Cardenal F, Majem M, Germa JR. Treatment of malignant superior vena cava syndrome by endovascular stent insertion. Experience on 52 patients with lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2004 Feb;43(2):209-14. 
- Wudel LJ Jr, Nesbitt JC. Superior vena cava syndrome. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2001 Feb;2(1):77-91.