Svc Syndrome Home Care
Home care for superior vena cava syndrome includes:
- Elevate the head of your bed.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Avoid strenuous physical activity.
- Eat a healthy heart diet:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Svc Syndrome Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have superior vena cava syndrome and any of the following:
Continue to Svc Syndrome Outlook
- Lequaglie C, Conti B, Brega-Massone PP, Giudice G. The difficult approach to neoplastic superior vena cava syndrome: surgical option. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2003 Oct;44(5):667-71. 
- Nunnelee JD. Superior vena cava syndrome. J Vasc Nurs. 2007 Mar;25(1):2-5; quiz 6. 
- Urruticoechea A, Mesia R, Dominguez J, Falo C, Escalante E, Montes A, Sancho C, Cardenal F, Majem M, Germa JR. Treatment of malignant superior vena cava syndrome by endovascular stent insertion. Experience on 52 patients with lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2004 Feb;43(2):209-14. 
- Wudel LJ Jr, Nesbitt JC. Superior vena cava syndrome. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2001 Feb;2(1):77-91.