Subacute Lymphocytic Thyroiditis Home Care
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Avoid decongestants:
- Avoid diet pills.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Take your prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Avoid running out of your medication. Refill your prescriptions early.
- Don't stop taking your medication just because you feel better.
- If you feel worse, talk to your doctor before you stop your medication.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Do not stop prescription medications without talking to your doctor.
- Learn everything you can about lymphocytic thyroiditis:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Subacute Lymphocytic Thyroiditis Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have lymphocytic thyroiditis and any of the following:
Continue to Subacute Lymphocytic Thyroiditis Outlook
- Ogawa E, Katsushima Y, Fujiwara I, Iinuma K. Subacute thyroiditis in children: patient report and review of the literature. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Jul-Aug;16(6):897-900. 
- Punzi L, Sfriso P, Pianon M, Schiavon F, Ramonda R, Cozzi F, Todesco S. Clinical manifestations and outcome of polyarthralgia associated with chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2002 Aug;32(1):51-5. 
- Tamimi DM. The association between chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis and thyroid tumors. Int J Surg Pathol. 2002 Apr;10(2):141-6.