Subacute Bacterial Endocarditis Incidence
Facts about bacterial endocarditis:
- About 30,000 people develop infective endocarditis each year in the US.
- About 2 to 3 out of 100,000 people develop bacterial endocarditis each year in the US.
Continue to Subacute Bacterial Endocarditis Risk Factors
- Bayer AS, Bolger AF, Taubert KA: Diagnosis and Management of Infective Endocarditis and Its Complications. Circulation 1998; 98: 2936-48. 
- Calza L, Manfredi R, Chiodo F. Infective endocarditis: a review of the best treatment options. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2004 Sep;5(9):1899-916. 
- Tak T, Dhawan S, Reynolds C, Shukla SK. Current diagnosis and treatment of infective endocarditis. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2003 Dec;1(4):639-54. 
- Wilson WR, Karchmer AW, Dajani AS: Antibiotic treatment of adults with infective endocarditis due to streptococci, enterococci, staphylococci, and HACEK microorganisms. American Heart Association. JAMA 1995 Dec 6; 274(21): 1706-13.