Subacromial Bursitis Outlook
What to expect with shoulder bursitis:
- Most cases of shoulder bursitis resolve over 2-3 weeks with treatment.
Continue to Subacromial Bursitis Complications
- Gutierrez G, Burroughs M, Poddar S. Clinical inquiries. Does injection of steroids and lidocaine in the shoulder relieve bursitis? J Fam Pract. 2004 Jun;53(6):488-92. 
- Hanchard NC, Howe TE, Gilbert MM. Diagnosis of shoulder pain by history and selective tissue tension: agreement between assessors. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005 Mar;35(3):147-53. 
- Ishii H, Brunet JA, Welsh RP, Uhthoff HK. Bursal reactions in rotator cuff tearing, the impingement syndrome, and calcifying tendinitis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1997 Mar-Apr;6(2):131-6. 
- LeNoir JL. Subacromial-subdeltoid bursitis of the shoulder. Orthop Rev. 1986 Nov;15(11):730-2.