Stuttering Home Care
Home care for stuttering includes:
- Give a child your full attention.
- Let the child know you understand.
- Remain calm and supportive when your child stutters.
- Talk to a child in a slow, relaxed rate.
- See a speech therapist if stuttering becomes severe.
Stuttering Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have stuttering and any of the following:
Continue to Stuttering Underlying Cause
- Maguire GA, Yu BP, Franklin DL, Riley GD. Alleviating stuttering with pharmacological interventions. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2004 Jul;5(7):1565-71. 
- Venkatagiri HS. Recent advances in the treatment of stuttering: a theoretical perspective. J Commun Disord. 2005 Sep-Oct;38(5):375-93. 
- Yaruss JS, Quesal RW. Stuttering and the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health: an update. J Commun Disord. 2004 Jan-Feb;37(1):35-52.