Stroke due to Heat Prevention
Prevention of heatstroke includes:
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Avoid exposure to warm environments.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid exposure to the sun.
- Wear clothing that blocks the sun's rays.
- Wear a hat.
- Exercise during cooler times of the day.
- Bathe in tepid water.
Continue to Stroke due to Heat Complications
- Booker RJ, Bricknell MC. Heat illness--recent developments. J R Army Med Corps. 2002 Mar;148(1):11-8. 
- Bytomski JR, Squire DL. Heat illness in children. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2003 Dec;2(6):320-4. 
- Coris EE, Ramirez AM, Van Durme DJ. Heat illness in athletes: the dangerous combination of heat, humidity and exercise. Sports Med. 2004;34(1):9-16. 
- Lugo-Amador NM, Rothenhaus T, Moyer P. Heat-related illness. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2004 May;22(2):315-27, viii.