Strep Tonsil Infection Prevention
Prevention of streptococcal tonsillitis includes:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid exposure to others who have a sore throat.
- Avoid crowded areas during cold and flu season.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Keep vaccinations up to date:
Continue to Strep Tonsil Infection Outlook
- Brook I, Dohar JE. Management of group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngotonsillitis in children. J Fam Pract. 2006 Dec;55(12):S1-11; quiz S12. 
- Cohen R. Defining the optimum treatment regimen for azithromycin in acute tonsillopharyngitis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004 Feb;23(2 Suppl):S129-34. 
- Tewfik TL, Al Garni M. Tonsillopharyngitis: clinical highlights. J Otolaryngol. 2005 Jun;34 Suppl 1:S45-9.