Strained Groin Treatment
Treatment for a groin strain usually includes rest, crutches, cold compresses, physical therapy, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain. Severely strained muscles may require 4-6 weeks to heal.
Treatment for groin strain may include:
- Cold compresses
- Warm compresses
- Groin stretching
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain
- Narcotic pain medication:
- Physical therapy for groin strain:
- Stretching exercises and rehab
Strained Groin Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat groin strain:
Continue to Strained Groin Home Care
- Emery CA, Meeuwisse WH, Powell JW. Groin and abdominal strain injuries in the National Hockey League. Clin J Sport Med. 1999 Jul;9(3):151-6. 
- Morelli V, Weaver V. Groin injuries and groin pain in athletes: part 1. Prim Care. 2005 Mar;32(1):163-83. 
- Verrall GM, Hamilton IA, Slavotinek JP, Oakeshott RD, Spriggins AJ, Barnes PG, Fon GT. Hip joint range of motion reduction in sports-related chronic groin injury diagnosed as pubic bone stress injury. J Sci Med Sport. 2005 Mar;8(1):77-84.