Strained Groin Evaluation
- Tenderness of the hip adductors:
- The muscles along the inner aspect of the thigh
- Swelling in the groin
- Bruising of the groin
The diagnosis of groin strain is made during physical exam.
Tests that may be used to evaluate groin strain include:
Strained Groin Similar Conditions
Conditions that cause symptoms similar to groin strain include:
Continue to Strained Groin Treatment
- Emery CA, Meeuwisse WH, Powell JW. Groin and abdominal strain injuries in the National Hockey League. Clin J Sport Med. 1999 Jul;9(3):151-6. 
- Morelli V, Weaver V. Groin injuries and groin pain in athletes: part 1. Prim Care. 2005 Mar;32(1):163-83. 
- Verrall GM, Hamilton IA, Slavotinek JP, Oakeshott RD, Spriggins AJ, Barnes PG, Fon GT. Hip joint range of motion reduction in sports-related chronic groin injury diagnosed as pubic bone stress injury. J Sci Med Sport. 2005 Mar;8(1):77-84.