Stomatitis Vincent's Treatment
- Antibiotics for Vincent's stomatitis:
- Erythromycin (EES, Ery-tab)
- Minocycline (Minocin, Arestin)
- Doxycycline (Vibramycin)
- Clindamycin (Cleocin)
- Antiseptic mouthwash for Vincent's stomatitis:
- Chlorhexidine oral rinse
- Professional dental cleaning
- Maintain good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth after meals and at bedtime.
- Floss your teeth at least twice a day
- Hydrogen peroxide rinses
- Salt-water rinses
Stomatitis Vincent's Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Vincent's stomatitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having Vincent's stomatitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Stomatitis Vincent's Specialist
Continue to Stomatitis Vincent's Home Care
- Miyairi I, Franklin JA, Andreansky M, Knapp KM, Hayden RT. Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis and bacteremia caused by Stenotrophomonas maltophilia in an immunocompromised host. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005 Feb;24(2):181-3. 
- Rowland RW. Necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis. Ann Periodontol. 1999 Dec;4(1):65-73; discussion 78. 
- Wade DN, Kerns DG. Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis-periodontitis: a literature review. Mil Med. 1998 May;163(5):337-42.