Stomach Flu Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of viral gastroenteritis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work or school?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having viral gastroenteritis again?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Stomach Flu Specialist
- Beller M, Ellis A, Lee SH, Drebot MA, Jenkerson SA, Funk E, Sobsey MD, Simmons OD 3rd, Monroe SS, Ando T, Noel J, Petric M, Middaugh JP, Spika JS. Outbreak of viral gastroenteritis due to a contaminated well. International consequences. JAMA. 1997 Aug 20;278(7):563-8. 
- Clark B, McKendrick M. A review of viral gastroenteritis. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2004 Oct;17(5):461-9. 
- Koopmans M. Outbreaks of viral gastroenteritis: what's new in 2004? Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2005 Aug;18(4):295-9. 
- Lopman BA, Reacher MH, Van Duijnhoven Y, Hanon FX, Brown D, Koopmans M. Viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in Europe, 1995-2000. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003 Jan;9(1):90-6.