Stomach Acid Reflux Sore Throat
Sometimes the reflux of stomach acid into the throat can cause symptoms of a sore throat. It may feel similar to a sore throat that accompanies a cold or upper respiratory infection.
Home care measures for a sore throat due to acid reflux in an adult includes:
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid citrus juice.
- Avoid hot and spicy foods.
- Do not smoke and avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Try antacids:
- Try acid blocking medications:
Continue to Stomach Acid Reflux Taking Control
- Fraser A, Delaney B, Moayyedi P. Symptom-based outcome measures for dyspepsia and GERD trials: a systematic review. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005 Feb;100(2):442-52. 
- Kahrilas PJ. Review article: is stringent control of gastric pH useful and practical in GERD? Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004 Oct;20 Suppl 5:89-94. 
- Tytgat GN. Review article: treatment of mild and severe cases of GERD. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Jul;16 Suppl 4:73-8. 
- Vakil N. Review article: cost-effectiveness of different GERD management strategies. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Jul;16 Suppl 4:79-82.