Sting from Jellyfish Outlook
What to expect with jellyfish stings:
- Death from jellyfish stings is very rare: there have been only 3 reported deaths from jellyfish stings in the US since 1989.
- Although jellyfish stings can be very painful, symptoms usually resolve over 7-10 days.
- Itching around the site may occur for 4 weeks after the sting.
- Rarely, the skin may remain darker or lighter in the region of the sting.
Continue to Sting from Jellyfish Underlying Cause
- Nimorakiotakis B, Winkel KD. Marine envenomations. Part 1--Jellyfish. Aust Fam Physician. 2003 Dec;32(12):969-74.