Stenosis of the Aortic Valve Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of aortic stenosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Stenosis of the Aortic Valve Specialist
- Boon NA, Bloomfield P.. The medical management of valvar heart disease. Heart. 2002 Apr;87(4):395-400. 
- Graham TP Jr, Driscoll DJ, Gersony WM, Newburger JW, Rocchini A, Towbin JA. Task Force 2: congenital heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Apr 19;45(8):1326-33. 
- Hughes BR, Chahoud G, Mehta JL. Aortic stenosis: is it simply a degenerative process or an active atherosclerotic process? Clin Cardiol. 2005 Mar;28(3):111-4. 
- Segal BL. Valvular heart disease, Part 1. Diagnosis and surgical management of aortic valve disease in older adults. Geriatrics. 2003 Sep;58(9):31-5.