Stenosis of the Aortic Valve Outlook
What to expect with aortic stenosis:
- Once symptoms of heart failure due to aortic stenosis have developed, the average life expectancy is less than 5 years if left untreated.
- Sudden death occurs in 15 to 20% of patients with symptomatic aortic stenosis.
Continue to Stenosis of the Aortic Valve Complications
- Boon NA, Bloomfield P.. The medical management of valvar heart disease. Heart. 2002 Apr;87(4):395-400. 
- Graham TP Jr, Driscoll DJ, Gersony WM, Newburger JW, Rocchini A, Towbin JA. Task Force 2: congenital heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Apr 19;45(8):1326-33. 
- Hughes BR, Chahoud G, Mehta JL. Aortic stenosis: is it simply a degenerative process or an active atherosclerotic process? Clin Cardiol. 2005 Mar;28(3):111-4. 
- Segal BL. Valvular heart disease, Part 1. Diagnosis and surgical management of aortic valve disease in older adults. Geriatrics. 2003 Sep;58(9):31-5.