Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children ring removal warning signs Prevention Outlook Underlying Cause Anatomy
Sprained Wrist Evaluation
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of wrist sprain.
Tests that may be used to evaluate a wrist sprain include:
Less commonly performed tests that may be used to evaluate a wrist sprain include:
Continue to Sprained Wrist Treatment
PubMed Sprained Wrist References
- De Schrijver F, De Smet L. Fracture of the hook of the hamate, often misdiagnosed as "wrist sprain". J Emerg Med. 2001 Jan;20(1):47-51. 
- Haims AH, Moore AE, Schweitzer ME, Morrison WB, Deely D, Culp RW, Forman HP. MRI in the diagnosis of cartilage injury in the wrist. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004 May;182(5):1267-70. 
- Musharafieh RS, Macari G. Salter-Harris I fractures of the distal radius misdiagnosed as wrist sprain. J Emerg Med. 2000 Oct;19(3):265-70. 
- Staebler MP, Moore DC, Akelman E, Weiss AP, Fadale PD, Crisco JJ 3rd. The effect of wrist guards on bone strain in the distal forearm. Am J Sports Med. 1999 Jul-Aug;27(4):500-6. 
- Wollman S. Patient education series. Sprains and strains. Nursing. 2003 Sep;33(9):47.