Spotted Fever Rocky Mountain Incidence
Facts about Rocky Mountain spotted fever:
- About 600 cases of Rocky Mountain spotted fever are reported in the US each year.
Continue to Spotted Fever Rocky Mountain Risk Factors
- Bratton RL, Corey R. Tick-borne disease. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 15;71(12):2323-30. 
- Cale DF, McCarthy MW. Treatment of Rocky Mountain spotted fever in children. Ann Pharmacother. 1997 Apr;31(4):492-4. 
- Chapman AS, Bakken JS, Folk SM, et al. Tickborne Rickettsial Diseases Working Group; CDC. Diagnosis and management of tickborne rickettsial diseases: Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichioses, and anaplasmosis--United States: a practical guide for physicians and other health-care and public health professionals. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006 Mar 31;55(RR-4):1-27. 
- Purvis JJ, Edwards MS. Doxycycline use for rickettsial disease in pediatric patients. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2000 Sep;19(9):871-4. 
- Sexton DJ, Kaye KS. Rocky Mountain spotted fever: a clinician's dilemma. Arch Intern Med. 2003 Apr 14;163(7):769-74. 
- Treadwell TA, Holman RC, Clarke MJ, Krebs JW, Paddock CD, Childs JE. Rocky Mountain spotted fever in the United States, 1993-1996. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2000 Jul-Aug;63(1-2):21-6.