Spondylitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Spondylitis Specialist
- Reveille JD, Arnett FC. Spondyloarthritis: update on pathogenesis and management. Am J Med. 2005 Jun;118(6):592-603. 
- Zochling J, Braun J. Management and treatment of ankylosing spondylitis. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2005 Jul;17(4):418-25. 
- Zochling J, van der Heijde D, Dougados M, Braun J. Current evidence for the management of ankylosing spondylitis a systematic literature review for the asas/eular management recommendations in ankylosing spondylitis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005 Aug 26.