Spleen Bruise Outlook
What to expect with a spleen injury:
- Most cases of spleen injury resolve without complications.
- Severe spleen injuries may require surgical removal of the spleen, called splenectomy.
- Those that have the spleen removed are more susceptible to infections.
Continue to Spleen Bruise Complications
- Gonzalez RP, Han M, Turk B, Luterman A. Screening for abdominal injury prior to emergent extra-abdominal trauma surgery: a prospective study. J Trauma. 2004 Oct;57(4):739-41. 
- Keller MS. Blunt injury to solid abdominal organs. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2004 May;13(2):106-11. 
- Poletti PA, Mirvis SE, Shanmuganathan K, Takada T, Killeen KL, Perlmutter D, Hahn J, Mermillod B. Blunt abdominal trauma patients: can organ injury be excluded without performing computed tomography? J Trauma. 2004 Nov;57(5):1072-81. 
- Sato M, Yoshii H. Reevaluation of ultrasonography for solid-organ injury in blunt abdominal trauma. J Ultrasound Med. 2004 Dec;23(12):1583-96.