Spinal Cord Compression Outlook
What to expect with epidural compression syndrome:
- The outcome depends on the cause.
- Of those who are unable to walk at the time of diagnosis, only 1 out of 10 will regain their ability to walk with treatment.
Continue to Spinal Cord Compression Underlying Cause
- Byrne TN. Metastatic epidural cord compression. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2004 May;4(3):191-5. 
- Chamberlain MC, Kormanik PA. Epidural spinal cord compression: a single institution's retrospective experience. Neuro-oncol. 1999 Apr;1(2):120-3. 
- Eriks IE, Angenot EL, Lankhorst GJ. Epidural metastatic spinal cord compression: functional outcome and survival after inpatient rehabilitation. Spinal Cord. 2004 Apr;42(4):235-9.