Sore on Skin Bedsores
Prevention of bedsores includes:
- Avoid pressure points from a cast, splint or other hard object against the skin.
- Avoid firm mattresses:
- A waterbed, an egg-crate mattress, or a silicone gel mattress my protect the skin.
- Change your position in the bed or wheelchair frequently.
- Apply protective padding, such as sheepskin, to the skin over pressure points.
- Inspect the skin daily.
- Keep the skin clean.
- Keep the bedclothes and sheets clean.
Continue to Sore on Skin Foot Ulcers
- Bouten CV, Oomens CW, Baaijens FP, Bader DL. The etiology of pressure ulcers: skin deep or muscle bound? Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003 Apr;84(4):616-9. 
- Frank C. Approach to skin ulcers in older patients. Can Fam Physician. 2004 Dec;50:1653-9. 
- Jones JE, Nelson EA. Skin grafting for venous leg ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Jan 25;(1):CD001737.