Something Stuck in the Skin Outlook
What to expect with a skin foreign body:
- Most skin foreign bodies do not cause problems if they are removed and the wound is cleansed properly.
- After removal of the foreign body, the wound should heal with 14 days.
Continue to Something Stuck in the Skin Complications
- Nassif JM, Gorczyca JT, Vanarthos WJ. Unrecognized foreign body in the hip joint. J Orthop Trauma. 1996;10(3):216-9. 
- O'Dell ML. Skin and wound infections: an overview. Am Fam Physician. 1998 May 15;57(10):2424-32. 
- Vincent A, Jenkins DW. Retained digital foreign body after a pellet gun injury. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2000 Feb;90(2):103-6.