Solar Keratosis Prevention
Prevention of actinic keratosis includes:
- Avoid exposure to the sun when UV rays are strongest.
- Snow and water reflect the sun's rays and can worsen the effect of the sun.
- Wear clothing that blocks the sun's rays.
- Use sunscreen whenever in the sun for more than 30 minutes.
- Use sunscreen that protects against UV rays.
- Perform skin self-examinations.
- Examine the skin every month.
Continue to Solar Keratosis Outlook
- Del Rosso JQ. New and emerging topical approaches for actinic keratoses. Cutis. 2003 Oct;72(4):273-6, 279. 
- Jorizzo JL, Carney PS, Ko WT, Robins P, Weinkle SH, Werschler WP. Treatment options in the management of actinic keratosis. Cutis. 2004 Dec;74(6 Suppl):9-17. 
- Spencer JM, Hazan C, Hsiung SH, Robins P. Therapeutic decision making in the therapy of actinic keratoses. J Drugs Dermatol. 2005 May-Jun;4(3):296-301. 
- Yu TC, Rahman Z, Ross BS. Actinic keratoses--surgical and physical therapeutic modalities. Cutis. 2003 May;71(5):381-4.