Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment biofeedback cognitive therapy drugs benzodiazepines beta-blockers SSRI drugs tricyclics general measures questions for doctor specialist Home Care stress taking control warning signs Outlook Underlying Cause medical conditions Types GAD OCD panic attacks phobias PTSD
Social Anxiety Phobias
- Social phobia:
- Fear of a personal interaction that might result in embarrassment
- Fear of being alone in public places
- Fear of closed spaces
- Fear of foreigners
Additional phobias include fear of:
Panic attacks may accompany a phobia.
Continue to Social Anxiety PTSD
PubMed Social Anxiety References
- Bernstein GA, Shaw K: Practice parameters for the assessment of children and adolescents with anxiety disorders. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1997; 36 (10 Suppl): 69S-84S. 
- Christmas DM, Hood SD. Recent developments in anxiety disorders. Recent Patents CNS Drug Discov. 2006 Nov;1(3):289-98. Review. 
- Denys D, de Geus F. Predictors of pharmacotherapy response in anxiety disorders. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2005 Aug;7(4):252-7. 
- Gale C, Oakley-Browne M. Generalised anxiety disorder. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1302-18. 
- Michael Kaplan E, DuPont RL. Benzodiazepines and anxiety disorders: a review for the practicing physician. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Jun;21(6):941-50.