Skin Sore Underlying Cause
Skin ulcers are caused by a combination of two factors:
- A portion of skin is injured.
- The blood supply is decreased to the injured portion of skin.
Without adequate blood supply, the skin will not heal after an injury.
Common conditions that may cause a skin ulcer include:
Continue to Skin Sore Anatomy
- Bouten CV, Oomens CW, Baaijens FP, Bader DL. The etiology of pressure ulcers: skin deep or muscle bound? Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003 Apr;84(4):616-9. 
- Frank C. Approach to skin ulcers in older patients. Can Fam Physician. 2004 Dec;50:1653-9. 
- Jones JE, Nelson EA. Skin grafting for venous leg ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Jan 25;(1):CD001737.