Skin Rash Adult Prevention
Prevention of rashes in adults includes:
- Avoid triggers for rashes:
- Adhesive tape
- Food: shellfish, spices, preservatives
- Household chemicals
- Insect sprays
- Insect stings
- Metal: belt buckles, jewelry and watches
- Plants: poison ivy, poison sumac, poison oak
- Wear gloves to protect the hands
- Avoid very hot baths and showers.
- Avoid tight clothing, belts, and ties.
- Wear cotton clothing.
Continue to Skin Rash Adult Underlying Cause
- Abdul Ghaffar S, Clements SE, Yell J. Skin signs of internal disease. Practitioner. 2005 Jun;249(1671):434, 436, 438 passim. 
- Lynde C, Barber K, Claveau J, Gratton D, Ho V, Krafchik B, Langley R, Marcoux D, Murray E, Shear N. Canadian Practical Guide for the Treatment and Management of Atopic Dermatitis. J Cutan Med Surg. 2005 Jun 30. 
- McKinnon HD Jr, Howard T. Evaluating the febrile patient with a rash. Am Fam Physician. 2000 Aug 15;62(4):804-16.