Skin Puncture Wound Outlook
What to expect with a puncture wound:
- Most people with puncture wound recover completely.
- Puncture wounds that damage joints, muscles, tendons or nerves may result in prolonged recovery or disability.
Continue to Skin Puncture Wound Complications
- Baldwin G, Colbourne M. Puncture wounds. Pediatr Rev. 1999 Jan;20(1):21-3. 
- Harrison M, Thomas M. Towards evidence based emergency medicine: best BETs from the Manchester Royal Infirmary. Antibiotics after puncture wounds to the foot. Emerg Med J. 2002 Jan;19(1):49. 
- Haverstock BD, Grossman JP. Puncture wounds of the foot. Evaluation and treatment. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 1999 Oct;16(4):583-96. 
- Laughlin TJ, Armstrong DG, Caporusso J, Lavery LA. Soft tissue and bone infections from puncture wounds in children. West J Med. 1997 Feb;166(2):126-8. 
- Lavery LA, Walker SC, Harkless LB, Felder-Johnson K. Infected puncture wounds in diabetic and nondiabetic adults. Diabetes Care. 1995 Dec;18(12):1588-91. 
- Weber EJ. Plantar puncture wounds: a survey to determine the incidence of infection. J Accid Emerg Med. 1996 Jul;13(4):274-7.