Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care abdominal pain liver diet vomiting warning signs Underlying Cause diseases drugs
Skin is Yellow Vomiting
- Drink clear liquids only:
- Such as water, sports drinks, fruit juice and dilute tea. Sports drinks are best. The absence of food allows the intestines to rest.
- Drink small quantities of fluids frequently. In general, two tablespoons of fluid every 5 minutes is an effective strategy.
- Avoid milk and dairy products for 3 days.
- Avoid liquids that irritate the stomach, such as citrus juice, alcohol and coffee.
- If nausea or vomiting continues despite the above, consider one of the nonprescription medicines listed below.
- Once vomiting and nausea resolves, start bland foods first. If you tolerate bland food, then you can resume a normal diet.
Nonprescription medications for vomiting include:
Continue to Skin is Yellow Warning Signs
PubMed Skin is Yellow References
- Ahlfors CE, Wennberg RP. Bilirubin-albumin binding and neonatal jaundice. Semin Perinatol. 2004 Oct;28(5):334-9. 
- Moyer V, Freese DK, Whitington PF, Olson AD, Brewer F, Colletti RB, Heyman MB; North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Guideline for the evaluation of cholestatic jaundice in infants: recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2004 Aug;39(2):115-28. 
- Pitiakoudis M, Mimidis K, Tsaroucha AK, Papadopoulos V, Karayiannakis A, Simopoulos C. Predictive value of risk factors in patients with obstructive jaundice. J Int Med Res. 2004 Nov-Dec;32(6):633-8. 
- Roche SP, Kobos R. Jaundice in the adult patient. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Jan 15;69(2):299-304. 
- Szabo P, Wolf M, Bucher HU, Haensse D, Fauchere JC, Arlettaz R. Assessment of jaundice in preterm neonates: comparison between clinical assessment, two transcutaneous bilirubinometers and serum bilirubin values. Acta Paediatr. 2004 Nov;93(11):1491-5.