Skin Infections Underlying Cause
The skin acts as a barrier that protects the body from infection. If the surface of the skin is injured, organisms may enter the skin and start to grow.
Causes of skin infections include:
Continue to Skin Infections Types
- Hedrick J. Acute bacterial skin infections in pediatric medicine: current issues in presentation and treatment. Paediatric Drugs. 2003;5 Suppl 1:35-46. 
- Hepburn MJ, Dooley DP, Skidmore PJ, Ellis MW, Starnes WF, Hasewinkle WC. Comparison of short-course (5 days) and standard (10 days) treatment for uncomplicated cellulitis. Arch Intern Med. 2004 Aug 9-23;164(15):1669-74. 
- Laube S, Farrell AM. Bacterial skin infections in the elderly: diagnosis and treatment. Drugs Aging. 2002;19(5):331-42. 
- Murthi GV, Okoye BO, Spicer RD, Cusick EL, Noblett HR. Perianal abscess in childhood. Pediatr Surg Int. 2002 Dec;18(8):689-91. 
- Starkey CR, Steele RW. Medical management of orbital cellulitis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2001 Oct;20(10):1002-5.