Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment cryosurgery curettage laser surgery moh's surgery questions for doctor specialist surgical excision Home Care taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Underlying Cause Anatomy
Skin Cancer Basal Cell Evaluation
- Large basal cell carcinoma on face with blood vessels
- Large basal cell carcinoma on chest
- Basal cell carcinoma close-up
- Basal cell carcinoma on ear
- More subtle basal cell carcinoma on face
- Basal cell carcinoma close-up showing blood vessels
The doctor may suspect skin cancer after looking at a skin lesion; however, a skin biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma.
Tests for basal cell carcinoma include:
Continue to Skin Cancer Basal Cell Treatment
PubMed Skin Cancer Basal Cell References
- Bath-Hextall F, Bong J, Perkins W, Williams H. Interventions for basal cell carcinoma of the skin: systematic review. BMJ. 2004 Sep 25;329(7468):705. 
- Christenson LJ, Borrowman TA, et al. Incidence of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas in a population younger than 40 years. JAMA. 2005 Aug 10;294(6):681-90. 
- Netscher DT, Spira M. Basal cell carcinoma: an overview of tumor biology and treatment. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Apr;113(5):74E-94E.