Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain and inflammation warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types Anatomy
Shoulder Tendinitis Evaluation
- Shoulder tenderness:
- Shoulder warmth
- Shoulder swelling
- Shoulder pain:
- Worsens with movement of the shoulder
Usually, tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of shoulder tendinitis.
Tests that may be used to evaluate shoulder tendinitis include:
Continue to Shoulder Tendinitis Treatment
PubMed Shoulder Tendinitis References
- Cobiella CE. Shoulder pain in sports. Hosp Med. 2004 Nov;65(11):652-6. 
- Ebenbichler GR, Erdogmus CB, Resch KL, et al. Ultrasound therapy for calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. N Engl J Med. 1999 May 20;340(20):1533-8. 
- Hanchard NC, Howe TE, Gilbert MM. Diagnosis of shoulder pain by history and selective tissue tension: agreement between assessors. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005 Mar;35(3):147-53. 
- Hurt G, Baker CL Jr. Calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. Orthop Clin North Am. 2003 Oct;34(4):567-75. 
- Rochwerger A, Franceschi JP, Viton JM, Roux H, Mattei JP. Surgical management of calcific tendinitis of the shoulder: an analysis of 26 cases. Clin Rheumatol. 1999;18(4):313-6.