Overview Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain and inflammation warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Shoulder Bursitis Evaluation
- Shoulder tenderness:
- Shoulder swelling over the bursa
- Skin redness over the bursa
Tests may be necessary to confirm the diagnosis of shoulder bursitis and exclude other conditions that can cause similar pain.
Tests that may be used to evaluate shoulder bursitis include:
Continue to Shoulder Bursitis Treatment
PubMed Shoulder Bursitis References
- Gutierrez G, Burroughs M, Poddar S. Clinical inquiries. Does injection of steroids and lidocaine in the shoulder relieve bursitis? J Fam Pract. 2004 Jun;53(6):488-92. 
- Hanchard NC, Howe TE, Gilbert MM. Diagnosis of shoulder pain by history and selective tissue tension: agreement between assessors. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005 Mar;35(3):147-53. 
- Ishii H, Brunet JA, Welsh RP, Uhthoff HK. Bursal reactions in rotator cuff tearing, the impingement syndrome, and calcifying tendinitis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1997 Mar-Apr;6(2):131-6. 
- LeNoir JL. Subacromial-subdeltoid bursitis of the shoulder. Orthop Rev. 1986 Nov;15(11):730-2.