Shocked by Electricity Incidence
Facts about an electrical injury:
- Electrical injuries cause about 1,000 deaths annually in the United States.
- Electrical injuries are responsible for 3 to 5% of burn center admissions.
- Electrical injuries rank as the fifth most common cause of occupational fatalities.
- Two-thirds of electrical injuries occur in persons between 10 and 40 years of age.
Continue to Shocked by Electricity Risk Factors
- Bailey B, Gaudreault P, Thivierge RL. Experience with guidelines for cardiac monitoring after electrical injury in children. Am J Emerg Med. 2000 Oct;18(6):671-5. 
- Blackwell N, Hayllar J. A three year prospective audit of 212 presentations to the emergency department after electrical injury with a management protocol. Postgrad Med J. 2002 May;78(919):283-5. 
- Danielson JR, Capelli-Schellpfeffer M, Lee RC. Upper extremity electrical injury. Hand Clin. 2000 May;16(2):225-34, viii.