Shigella Infection Outlook
What to expect with a shigella infection:
- Shigella infections are completely cured with antibiotics.
- Symptoms may continue for 1-2 weeks after treatment.
Continue to Shigella Infection Underlying Cause
- Bhattacharya SK, Sur D. An evaluation of current shigellosis treatment. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2003 Aug;4(8):1315-20. 
- Gupta A, Polyak CS, Bishop RD, Sobel J, Mintz ED. Laboratory-confirmed shigellosis in the United States, 1989-2002: epidemiologic trends and patterns. Clin Infect Dis. 2004 May 15;38(10):1372-7. 
- Lee LA, Shapiro CN, Hargrett-Bean N, Tauxe RV. Hyperendemic shigellosis in the United States: a review of surveillance data for 1967-1988. J Infect Dis. 1991 Nov;164(5):894-900. 
- Niyogi SK. Shigellosis. J Microbiol. 2005 Apr;43(2):133-43.