Separated Placenta Outlook
What to expect with placental abruption:
- Many women with mild abruptions go on to deliver healthy infants.
- About 1 percent of placental abruptions result in fetal death before delivery.
- About 40 percent of placenta abruptions result in fetal death at the time of delivery.
Continue to Separated Placenta Complications
- Hladky K, Yankowitz J, Hansen WF. Placental abruption. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2002 May;57(5):299-305. 
- Kayani SI, Walkinshaw SA, Preston C. Pregnancy outcome in severe placental abruption. BJOG. 2003 Jul;110(7):679-83. 
- Neilson JP. Interventions for treating placental abruption. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003;(1):CD003247.