Sensorineural Hearing Loss Types
Types of hearing loss include:
- Conductive hearing loss:
- A condition that interferes with the conduction of the sound waves to the inner ear. This includes a plugged ear canal, a ruptured eardrum, or some disturbance in the ossicles.
- Sensorineural hearing loss:
- The auditory nerve does not transmit information to the brain properly.
Continue to Sensorineural Hearing Loss Anatomy
- Copeland BJ, Pillsbury HC 3rd. Cochlear implantation for the treatment of deafness. Annu Rev Med. 2004;55:157-67. 
- Puig T, Municio A, Meda C. Universal neonatal hearing screening versus selective screening as part of the management of childhood deafness. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD003731.