Seminoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of testicular cancer.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk of complications?
- Is my son at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Seminoma Specialist
- Balk C, Witjes JA. Advances in the management of testicular cancer. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2004 Aug;4(4):669-77. 
- Garner MJ, Turner MC, Ghadirian P, Krewski D. Epidemiology of testicular cancer: an overview. Int J Cancer. 2005 Sep 1;116(3):331-9. 
- Masters JR, Koberle B. Curing metastatic cancer: lessons from testicular germ-cell tumours. Nat Rev Cancer. 2003 Jul;3(7):517-25. 
- Shabbir M, Morgan RJ. Testicular cancer. J R Soc Health. 2004 Sep;124(5):217-8. 
- Wirehn AB, Tornberg S, Carstensen J. Serum cholesterol and testicular cancer incidence in 45,000 men followed for 25 years. Br J Cancer. 2005 May 9;92(9):1785-6.