Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care warning signs Outlook Underlying Cause Types
Semen is Bloody Types
The two main types of hematospermia include:
- Primary hematospermia:
- Blood is present in the semen, but not in the urine.
- Treatment is rarely necessary.
- Secondary hematospermia:
- Blood may be present in the urine.
- Hematospermia is caused by an underlying illness.
PubMed Semen is Bloody References
- Furuya S, Ogura H, Saitoh N, Tsukamoto T, Kumamoto Y, Tanaka Y. Hematospermia: an investigation of the bleeding site and underlying lesions. Int J Urol. 1999 Nov;6(11):539-47; discussion 548. 
- Munkel witz R, Krasnokutsky S, Lie J, Shah SM, Bayshtok J, Khan SA. Current perspectives on hematospermia: a review. J Androl. 1997 Jan-Feb;18(1):6-14.