Seizure Petit-Mal Incidence
Facts about petit-mal seizure:
- About 200,000 people experience a seizure for the first time each year in the US.
- As many as 1 in 10 adults will have a seizure at some time during their life
- Petit-mal seizures occur in approximately 2 out of 1,000 people.
- Petit-mal seizures are most common in children between the ages of 6 and 12 years.
Continue to Seizure Petit-Mal Symptoms
- Camfield P, Camfield C. Epileptic syndromes in childhood: clinical features, outcomes, and treatment. Epilepsia. 2002;43 Suppl 3:27-32. 
- Chen LS, Wang N, Lin MI. Seizure outcome of intractable partial epilepsy in children. Pediatr Neurol. 2002 Apr;26(4):282-7. 
- Herman ST, Walczak TS, Bazil CW. Distribution of partial seizures during the sleep--wake cycle: differences by seizure onset site. Neurology. 2001 Jun 12;56(11):1453-9.