Seizure Grand Mal Incidence
Facts about tonic clonic seizure:
- About 200,000 people experience a seizure for the first time each year in the US.
- As many as 1 in 10 adults will have a seizure at some time during their life
- More than 3 million people in the USA have some form of epilepsy.
- There are about 120,000 new cases of epilepsy diagnosed every year in the US.
- About 20-25 percent of people with epilepsy have tonic-clonic seizures.
Continue to Seizure Grand Mal Symptoms
- Camfield P, Camfield C. Epileptic syndromes in childhood: clinical features, outcomes, and treatment. Epilepsia. 2002;43 Suppl 3:27-32. 
- Gilad R, Lampl Y, Gabbay U, Eshel Y, Sarova-Pinhas I. Early treatment of a single generalized tonic-clonic seizure to prevent recurrence. Arch Neurol. 1996 Nov;53(11):1149-52. 
- Kinsman SL, Vining EP, Quaskey SA, Mellits D, Freeman JM. Efficacy of the ketogenic diet for intractable seizure disorders: review of 58 cases. Epilepsia. 1992 Nov-Dec;33(6):1132-6. 
- Pearl PL, Bennett HD, Khademian Z. Seizures and metabolic disease. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2005 Mar;5(2):127-33.