Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Treatment
Treatment for secondary hyperparathyroidism depends on the underlying cause. Treatment for secondary hyperparathyroidism may include calcium, vitamin D, medications, and surgery.
Treatment for secondary hyperparathyroidism may include:
- Calcium supplement
- Vitamin D supplement
- Medications for secondary hyperparathyroidism:
- Surgery for hyperparathyroidism:
- To remove the over-active parathyroid tissue
- Used to treat primary hyperparathyroidism
For more information:
Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Specialist
Continue to Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Home Care
- Ahmad R, Hammond JM. Primary, secondary, and tertiary hyperparathyroidism. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;37(4):701-13, vii-viii. 
- Brown AJ, Coyne DW. Vitamin D analogs: new therapeutic agents for secondary hyperparathyroidism. Treat Endocrinol. 2002;1(5):313-27. 
- de Francisco AL. Secondary hyperparathyroidism: review of the disease and its treatment. Clin Ther. 2004 Dec;26(12):1976-93. 
- Silver J, Levi R. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of secondary hyperparathyroidism. Clin Nephrol. 2005 Feb;63(2):119-26.