Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Home Care
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Follow an exercise plan developed with your doctor.
- Take vitamin D supplements.
- As directed by your doctor
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have secondary hyperparathyroidism and any of the following:
Continue to Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Complications
- Ahmad R, Hammond JM. Primary, secondary, and tertiary hyperparathyroidism. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;37(4):701-13, vii-viii. 
- Brown AJ, Coyne DW. Vitamin D analogs: new therapeutic agents for secondary hyperparathyroidism. Treat Endocrinol. 2002;1(5):313-27. 
- de Francisco AL. Secondary hyperparathyroidism: review of the disease and its treatment. Clin Ther. 2004 Dec;26(12):1976-93. 
- Silver J, Levi R. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of secondary hyperparathyroidism. Clin Nephrol. 2005 Feb;63(2):119-26.