Secondary Dysmenorrhea Outlook
What to expect with secondary dysmenorrhea:
- Secondary dysmenorrhea usually resolves after treatment of the underlying cause.
Continue to Secondary Dysmenorrhea Underlying Cause
- Davis AR, Westhoff C, O'Connell K, Gallagher N. Oral contraceptives for dysmenorrhea in adolescent girls: a randomized trial. Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Jul;106(1):97-104. 
- French L. Dysmenorrhea. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jan 15;71(2):285-91. 
- Harel Z. A contemporary approach to dysmenorrhea in adolescents. Paediatr Drugs. 2002;4(12):797-805. 
- Nasir L, Bope ET. Management of pelvic pain from dysmenorrhea or endometriosis. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2004 Nov-Dec;17 Suppl:S43-7.