Seborrhea Capitis Home Care
Home care for cradle cap includes:
- Apply warm wet cloths around the baby's head for an hour before shampooing.
- Shampoo the scalp every day with mild soap.
- Gently massage the infant's scalp while shampooing, in order to loosen scales.
- Apply mineral oil to the scalp to help loosen scales.
- Gently brush the child's hair with a clean, soft brush several times a day.
- Avoid exposure to the sun:
- Place a hat on the infant.
- Use prescription shampoo as directed.
Seborrhea Capitis Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if your child has cradle cap and any of the following:
Continue to Seborrhea Capitis Outlook
- Cohen S. Should we treat infantile seborrhoeic dermatitis with topical antifungals or topical steroids? Arch Dis Child. 2004 Mar;89(3):288-9. 
- Janniger CK. Infantile seborrheic dermatitis: an approach to cradle cap. Cutis. 1993 Apr;51(4):233-5.