Scalp Lice Prevention
Prevention of head lice includes:
- Avoid contact with those who have lice.
- Hot water wash personal items regularly:
- Do not share personal care items:
- Soak all combs, brushes, barrettes, hair ties, and headbands in rubbing alcohol or medicated shampoo for 1 hour.
- Vacuum furniture regularly
Continue to Scalp Lice Complications
- Hansen RC. Overview: the state of head lice management and control. Am J Manag Care. 2004 Sep;10(9 Suppl):S260-3. 
- Hill N, Moor G, Cameron MM, Butlin A, Preston S, Williamson MS, Bass C. Single blind, randomised, comparative study of the Bug Buster kit and over the counter pediculicide treatments against head lice in the United Kingdom. BMJ. 2005 Aug 13;331(7513):384-7. 
- West DP. Head lice treatment costs and the impact on managed care. Am J Manag Care. 2004 Sep;10(9 Suppl):S277-82.