Scabies Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of scabies.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having scabies again?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Scabies Specialist
- Scheinfeld N. Controlling scabies in institutional settings: a review of medications, treatment models, and implementation. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2004;5(1):31-7. 
- Venna S, Fleischer AB Jr, Feldman SR. Scabies and lice: review of the clinical features and management principles. Dermatol Nurs. 2001 Aug;13(4):257-62. 
- Wendel K, Rompalo A. Scabies and pediculosis pubis: an update of treatment regimens and general review. Clin Infect Dis. 2002 Oct 15;35(Suppl 2):S146-51.