Sarcoma Kaposi's Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for Kaposi's sarcoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Sarcoma Kaposi's Specialist
- Aversa SM, Cattelan AM, Salvagno L, Crivellari G, Banna G, Trevenzoli M, Chiarion-Sileni V, Monfardini S. Treatments of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2005 Mar;53(3):253-65. 
- Barillari G, Sgadari C, Toschi E, Monini P, Ensoli B. HIV protease inhibitors as new treatment options for Kaposi's sarcoma. Drug Resist Updat. 2003 Aug;6(4):173-81. 
- Dittmer DP, Vahrson W, Staudt M, Hilscher C, Fakhari FD. Kaposi's sarcoma in the era of HAART-an update on mechanisms, diagnostics and treatment. AIDS Rev. 2005 Jan-Mar;7(1):56-61. 
- Gallafent JH, Buskin SE, De Turk PB, Aboulafia DM. Profile of patients with Kaposi's sarcoma in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Feb 20;23(6):1253-60. 
- Schwartz RA. Kaposi's sarcoma: an update. J Surg Oncol. 2004 Sep 1;87(3):146-51.