Sarcoma Ewing's Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Ewing's sarcoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy??
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Sarcoma Ewing's Specialist
- Ahmad R, Mayol BR, Davis M, Rougraff BT. Extraskeletal Ewing's sarcoma. Cancer. 1999 Feb 1;85(3):725-31. 
- Carvajal R, Meyers P. Ewing's sarcoma and primitive neuroectodermal family of tumors. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2005 Jun;19(3):501-25, vi-vii. 
- Clarkson P, Ferguson PC. Primary multidisciplinary management of extremity soft tissue sarcomas. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2004 Dec;5(6):451-62. 
- Valery PC, Holly EA, Sleigh AC, Williams G, Kreiger N, Bain C. Hernias and Ewing's sarcoma family of tumours: a pooled analysis and meta-analysis. Lancet Oncol. 2005 Jul;6(7):485-90.