What to expect with sarcoidosis:
- In about 50 percent of those with sarcoidosis, most symptoms of the disease disappear within 2 years.
- About 25 percent of people suffer some form of organ damage, but the disease causes no additional damage after 2 years.
- About 25 percent have worsening symptoms that do not resolve.
Continue to Sarcoidosis Complications
- Belfer MH, Stevens RW. Sarcoidosis: a primary care review. Am Fam Physician. 1998 Dec;58(9):2041-50, 2055-6. 
- Cox CE, Davis-Allen A, Judson MA. Sarcoidosis. Med Clin North Am. 2005 Jul;89(4):817-28. 
- Paramothayan S, Jones PW. Corticosteroid therapy in pulmonary sarcoidosis: a systematic review. JAMA. 2002 Mar 13;287(10):1301-7.